Port of Everett Announces Annual Holiday on the Bay Lineup, New Pacific Rim Plaza Location on December 4; Noon – 6 p.m.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – November 3, 2021
Celebrate the holidays at the waterfront with FREE outdoor, socially distanced fun for all ages
Everett, Wash. – The Port of Everett invites community members to join us for a day of free family fun at the 14th annual Holiday on the Bay event taking place Saturday, December 4, 2021 from noon to 6 p.m.
The day’s festivities will kick off from a new location at the Port’s Pacific Rim Plaza, adjacent to Hotel Indigo’s Jetty Bar & Grille. The plaza offers an expansive outdoor space to support the return of in-person, but socially distanced, event favorites, and new features, like the Port’s new 35-foot lighted “frozen fountain” tree.
This year’s event includes:
- Pop-up holiday market with Everett Makers Market featuring 20+ local vendors
- FREE “deck the halls” kids crafts in partnership with Imagine Children’s Museum
- City of Everett Fire Department Touch a Truck
- A visit from Ice Queens with Enchanting Events
- Holiday music and photo opportunities
- FREE holiday drive-in movies at Boxcar Park; The Polar Express at 5 p.m. and The Santa Clause at 7:30 p.m. (reservation required; fully book, standby options available 15 minutes before showtime)
- Marine Toys for Tots holiday toy drive
- Tree lighting ceremony and countdown at the new “frozen fountain” tree
- Appearance by Santa and elves
- Lighted boat parade organized by Mukilteo Yacht Club
- Holiday specials at waterfront restaurants
In addition to all the free Holiday on the Bay event activities, adding to the holiday cheer at Pacific Rim Plaza this year is the new seasonal community ice rink – Pacific Ice. The family-friendly program runs daily from December 3, 2021 thru January 31, 2022, offering open ice-skating public sessions, skating lessons, group birthday and holiday parties, special events and more for purchase.
Guests will enjoy a truly unique experience of skating on real ice at a covered, open-air rink overlooking the Port of Everett Marina. Holiday lights, music, fire pits, and a handful of concessionaires will add to the whimsical atmosphere! Learn more and pre-purchase tickets at www.portofeverett.com/pacificice.
Looking for ways to give back this holiday season?
The annual toy drive for Marine Toys for Tots is back again, accepting NEW, unwrapped toys for children in need this holiday season. Please bring toy donations now thru Dec. 4 to the donation boxes located inside the Port’s Waterfront Center lobby near the Scuttlebutt entrance or bring them by the Holiday on the Bay event on Dec. 4.
Please note: Holiday on the Bay will align with all current state and local public health guidance as it relates to COVID-19. The Port will continue to monitor and make any modifications as necessary.
Learn more about the event at www.portofeverett.com/holidayonthebay.
For more information contact Catherine Soper, Port of Everett Communications Director, at 425.388.0680 or by e-mail at email@example.com.